Considering a Career in Cybersecurity?
A career in cybersecurity is both rewarding and challenging, offering multiple avenues for specialisation, a continually evolving landscape and the opportunity to make a significant impact. As we become increasingly reliant on digital infrastructure, the demand for skilled professionals in this field is higher than ever.
FIND OUT IF CYBERSECURITY IS the career for you at BlackHatMEA this year.
Discover a wealth of information on this specialist field in three days, all under one roof, with more than 40,000 other visitors from all over the world.
Cybersecurity professionals are responsible
for protecting an organisation's data and network from threats. their work ranges from implementing security measures, performing vulnerability assessments and penetration tests, to responding to security incidents and educating staff about security protocols. It is a field that demands critical thinking skills, a deep understanding of technology and an ability to keep up with the ever-evolving threat landscape.
As a trained specialist, you can opt for a variety of roles based on your interest and expertise,
including Security Analyst, Security Engineer, Penetration Tester, Security Architect, Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) and many more. Each role has its own specific set of responsibilities and requires unique skills. Specialisations can include Network and Application Security, Offensive Security, incident response and much more.
At the BlackHatMEA cybersecurity conference, you will be armed with a wealth of new knowledge, skills, insights and connections
The journey will be intense and exhilarating, presenting the best and latest that the world of cybersecurity has to offer. Your attendance at the event will be an experience that will not only enhance your understanding but also equip you to actively shape the industry’s future.
Attendees can look forward to keynote speeches from industry leaders sharing their insights on the future of cybersecurity, panel discussions on emerging threats and hands-on workshops for honing technical skills.
security dev lifecycle
Various workshops and training sessions are conducted as part of the conference, covering a range of topics and offering a blend of theoretical knowledge and practical training, helping attendees to apply the concepts learned in real-world scenarios.
Sharpen your cybersecurity skills at the Open source Arsenal where developers share their programs and tools in an open, conversational environment. Watch the region’s largest ‘Capture the Flag’ competition where teams compete to win the top prize.
How to get into Cybersecurity
While many roles require a degree in computer science or a related technology field, there are numerous cybersecurity certifications that can help enhance your career. Certifications like CompTIA Security+, Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) and Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) are often required for advanced positions. These not only validate your knowledge and skills but also demonstrate your commitment to the profession.
Given the rapid changes in the field, continuous learning is a key aspect of a cybersecurity career. This is where attending BlackHatMEA events and participating in the trainings and workshops helps existing cybersecurity professionals stay informed about the latest news, threats and security measures.
For new entrants to the field, the BlackHatMEA Trainings offer foundational courses to kickstart your career, alongside specialised courses focusing on niche areas such as pentesting, malware analysis, system forensics and incident handling. These courses are designed keeping in mind the emerging trends and needs of the industry, enabling professionals to stay ahead of the curve.
The Cybersecurity Trainings also offer the opportunity to prepare for and achieve several ongoing certification exams. Expert-led prep sessions provide guidance on exam content and test-taking strategies, ensuring the attendees are well-equipped to achieve prestigious credentials including:
- OffSec Certified Professional (OSCP) certification
- OffSec Web Expert (OSWE) certification
- OffSec Experienced Pentester (OSEP) certification
- OffSec Web Assessor (OSWA) certification
- BlackHat's own certification in Information Security, in partnership with The SecOps Group - the Black Hat Certified Pentester (BCPen).
These certifications not only validate your professional knowledge and skills but also signify your commitment towards maintaining a high standard of ethical and professional practice.
- The job market for cybersecurity professionals is thriving. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of information security analysts is projected to grow 31 percent from 2019 to 2029, much faster than the average for all occupations. The median pay in 2020 was USD$103,590 per year.
- Perhaps most importantly, this career choice means you will be playing a vital role in protecting organisations and individuals from cyber threats. Work is always rewarding, in that it has a tangible impact on people's lives, protecting privacy, financial assets, business interests and national security.
- Consider a career in cybersecurity. It not only offers opportunities for continuous learning while operating in a diverse range of roles but gives you strong job prospects and the chance to make a difference in the digital world.