Black Hat, the undisputed heavyweight in cybersecurity events and infosec training for over two decades globally, launched its first edition in the region, Black Hat Middle East & Africa. The 2022 edition witnessed over 30,000 infosec professionals from over 100 countries who congregated in Riyadh to engage a region all set for growth and success in ICT security.
Black Hat MEA was a truly iconic cybersecurity event with year-round ethical hacking courses and offensive security tuition. The three-day conference featured an Executive Summit, Briefings, Arsenal, Business hall, and an interactive Activity Zone sponsored by NEOM, with prize funds of up to SAR 1,000,000.
This global information security event takes infosec light years away from the norm and puts it on the edge. Join us at Black Hat MEA 2023 to experience it for yourself.
in support of vision 2030
Vision 2030 is a strategic framework that aims to transform the Saudi economy from one which is focused strongly on hydrocarbons, to one which is enabled by future technology, igniting the world’s best innovations. It will empower females and youth, and bring about a new era of sustainable, clean energy which will help to power the smart cities of tomorrow.
With hundreds of billions of dollars being invested in Giga projects like NEOM, comes the responsibility to protect the new electronic and digital infrastructure that will act as the lifeblood of this great transformation.
Black Hat MEA will act as a major capacity-building platform, bringing to the region elite level infosec professionals to train people and help to ensure the great goals of Vision 2030 remain secure and safe from criminal and hostile cyber threats within the information security community.
event at a glance
- As you enter the halls, you’re met with a vast Infosec exhibition, the largest in the region, with hundreds of vendors ranging from the world-famous to niche startup innovators having set up their stands – showing off their cutting edge services and products.
- People in their thousands, spill out of six conference rooms – four of which host the briefings, where security experts from around the globe present their research, new tools, new vulnerabilities, exploits, and new developments are showcased for the InfoSec community.
- The infamous Black Hat Arsenals sit at the back of the halls, where developers and share their open source programs and tools in an open, conversational environment to help sharpen your cybersecurity skills. Additionally, over three days, the region’s largest CTF feverously competes, with 300 teams battling for the top prize.
- Tucked away is the Executive Summit, where execs and cyber experts from all over the world gather to share their thoughts and experiences with the audience.
- And a festival atmosphere can be felt in the dozens of social areas, including food trucks, entertainment acts, barbeques, and video-game battles, all at one cybersecurity event.
infosec on the edge
World class hacking school:
50 Black Hat approved trainers. Official Training Partners include Offensive Security, NotSoSecure, and Orange Cyberdefense
The Region's Largest CTF:
Over 1,000 participants across 3 days
The latest hacking tools presented by the best programmers worldwide
The Greatest minds:
Over 300+ of the world’s leading infosec speakers and famous hackers
A social movement:
We will unleash the boundless potential and ambitions of the largest population in the Gulf, helping to inspire a technological golden era
The most exclusive leaders program in the region – designed for the needs of CISOs from the most complex and critical organisations
Four consecutive Briefing rooms with over 120+ technical sessions
An explosion of business opportunity:
One of the largest cyber Business Halls in the world, with over 300+ cutting-edge brands
co-organised by safcsp
SAFSCP is Saudi Arabia’s leading non-governmental organisation tasked with keeping the country at the cutting-edge of infosec. With @Hack evolving to Black Hat Middle East and Africa, the strategic partnership with SAFSCP steps up to the next level, to help the country maintain its lead in ICT security. All while attracting the international infosec community, and creating a vital hub for game-changing cybersecurity training, white-hot trends, and the most exciting developments.
Powering the technology ecosystem
Always innovating across our global events, we are on a mission to supercharge technology communities that are delivering positive change globally. The extraordinary success of @Hack in 2021 inspired our next leap – the evolution to Black Hat MEA, to connect, educate and empower the global infosec tribe while helping it thrive through real business opportunities within a vibrant ecosystem.
SAUDI FEDERATION FOR CYBERSECURITY, PROGRAMMING AND DRONES (SAFCSP)