Black Hat MEA was the largest infosec event held anywhere in the world in 2021. The event brought together global CISOs from front page companies, elite ethical hackers, more Black Hat trainers than anywhere except Vegas, and 30,000 visitors. The festive vibe and amazing design of the event set a new standard for the infosec community.
Black Hat MEA was a truly iconic cybersecurity event with year-round ethical hacking courses and offensive security tuition. This global information security event took infosec light years away from the norm and put it on the edge.
in support of vision 2030
Vision 2030 is a strategic framework that aims to transform the Saudi economy from one which is focused strongly on hydrocarbons, to one which is enabled by future technology, igniting the world’s best innovations. It will empower females and youth, and bring about a new era of sustainable, clean energy which will help to power the smart cities of tomorrow.
With hundreds of billions of dollars being invested in Giga projects like NEOM, comes the responsibility to protect the new electronic and digital infrastructure that will act as the lifeblood of this great transformation.
Black Hat MEA will act as a major capacity-building platform, bringing to the region elite level infosec professionals to train people and help to ensure the great goals of Vision 2030 remain secure and safe from criminal and hostile cyber threats within the information security community.
event at a glance
- As you enter the halls, you’re met with a vast Infosec exhibition, the largest in the region, with hundreds of vendors ranging from the world-famous to niche startup innovators having set up their stands – showing off their cutting edge services and products.
- People in their thousands, spill out of six conference rooms – four of them host the briefings made famous at Black Hat MEA, where headline security vulnerabilities are exploited, new tools demonstrated and breaking new intelligence about infosec shared.
- An arsenal sits at the back of the halls, where developers share their open source programs and tools to help sharpen your cybersecurity skills. Additionally, over three days, the region’s largest CTF feverously competes, with 300 teams battling for the top prize.
- Tucked away is the Executive Summit, where many of the region’s top CISOs are given bespoke executive coaching by some of the world’s leading infosec thought leaders.
- And a festival atmosphere can be felt in the dozens of social areas, including food trucks, entertainment acts, barbeques, and video-game battles, all at one cybersecurity event.
infosec on the edge
World class hacking school:
50 Black Hat approved trainers. Official Training Partners include Offensive Security, NotSoSecure, and Orange Cyberdefense
The Region's Largest CTF:
Over 1,000 participants across 3 days
The latest hacking tools presented by the best programmers worldwide
The Greatest minds:
Over 250 of the world’s leading infosec speakers and famous hackers
A social movement:
We will unleash the boundless potential and ambitions of the largest population in the Gulf, helping to inspire a technological golden era
The most exclusive leaders program in the region – designed for the needs of CISOs from the most complex and critical organisations
Four consecutive Briefing rooms with over 100 technical hacking sessions
An explosion of business opportunity:
One of the largest cyber Business Halls in the world, with over 250 cutting-edge brands
co-organised by safcsp
SAFSCP is Saudi Arabia’s leading non-governmental organisation tasked with keeping the country at the cutting-edge of infosec. With @Hack evolving to Black Hat Middle East and Africa, the strategic partnership with SAFSCP steps up to the next level, to help the country maintain its lead in ICT security. All while attracting the international infosec community, and creating a vital hub for game-changing cybersecurity training, white-hot trends, and the most exciting developments.
Powering the technology ecosystem
Always innovating across our global events, we are on a mission to supercharge technology communities that are delivering positive change globally. The extraordinary success of @Hack in 2021 inspired our next leap – the evolution to Black Hat MEA, to connect, educate and empower the global infosec tribe while helping it thrive through real business opportunities within a vibrant ecosystem.