Code of conduct
We believe our community should be truly open for everyone. As such, we are committed to providing a friendly, safe, and welcoming virtual environment for all, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, or religion. This code of conduct outlines our expectations for participant behavior, as well as the consequences for unacceptable behavior. We invite all sponsors, speakers, attendees, media, exhibitors, and other participants to help us realize a safe and positive conference experience for everyone within the information security community. All determinations of appropriate or inappropriate behavior are in Informa's sole discretion and the decision(s) of the Informa representatives will be final.
- You will behave in a way as to create a safe and supportive environment for all Black Hat MEA (webinar, live streams, keynotes, briefings, trainings, etc.) participants (including Black Hat MEA employees, moderators, attendees, vendors, sponsors, speakers, and volunteers)
- You will not engage in disruptive speech or behavior or otherwise interfere with the event or other individuals' participation in the event or engage in spamming of other attendees
- You will not engage in any form of harassing, offensive, discriminatory, or threatening speech or behavior, including (but not limited to) relating to race, gender, gender identity, and expression, national origin, religion, disability, marital status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other protected category
- You will comply with the instructions of the moderator and any Black Hat MEA staff
- You will comply with all applicable laws
We expect all event participants (including Black Hat MEA employees, moderators, attendees, vendors, sponsors, speakers, and volunteers) to uphold the principles of this Code of Conduct. This Code of Conduct covers the main event and all related events (social or otherwise). Informa employees participating in all events must continue to abide by all Informa plc policies at all times.
Breaches of this Code of Conduct may result in disqualification from participating in future live and virtual events and from engagement across Black Hat MEA blogs, online forums, and social media channels. If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact [email protected]
The above policies may be revised at any time by Informa and are non-negotiable. This Code of Conduct is without prejudice to Informa's rights, all of which it expressly reserves.
- These Terms
- These membership terms and conditions ("Terms") apply to those individuals ("Members") who register for any of the Black Hat Chapter membership subscriptions ("Membership Packages") as detailed at www.blackhatmea.com. The Membership Packages are administered by Informa Saudi Arabia Limited in respect of the KSA Black Hat Chapter and Informa Middle East Limited (Dubai Branch) in respect of the UAE Black Hat Chapter (both parties, as applicable, individually being "Informa").
- By registering for any of the Membership Packages, Members represent that they meet all the eligibility requirements to become a Member and enter into a contract with Informa in accordance with these Terms ("Contract").
- Membership is at the sole discretion of Informa and Informa reserves the right to refuse any application to register for a Membership Package.
- Members must promptly notify Informa of any change in circumstances which may affect their eligibility or categorisation as a Member.
- Members shall always comply with the Black Hat Chapter Members Code of Conduct https://blackhatmea.com/overview/code-of-conduct, which may be updated from time to time.
- Members shall abide by all terms and conditions relating to the use of the Black Hat Chapter online platform ("Platform"), which may be updated from time to time.
- Charges and Payment
- Members shall pay the relevant fees for the Membership Package ("Subscription Fees") annually in advance and Subscription Fees are non-refundable. Any applicable VAT, GST, sales and/or service taxes on the Subscription Fees shall be paid solely by Members.
- Each subscription to a Membership Package shall last for 12 months starting from the Member's registration and payment of the Subscription Fees ("Subscription Term"), following which it shall automatically renew for successive periods of 12 months (each such additional 12 month period being a "Renewal Year") unless terminated by either party in accordance with these Terms.
- Informa reserves the right to make changes to the Subscription Fees. Where Informa makes changes, such changes will not come into effect until the next automatic renewal, and Informa will notify Members about the change in writing at least 30 days before such change comes into effect.
- Members paying Subscription Fees for a KSA Black Hat Chapter Membership Package shall make payment by bank transfer. Members paying Subscription Fees for a UAE Black Hat Chapter Membership Package shall make payment by card or bank transfer. Where Members pay the Subscription Fees by a payment card, such Members authorise Informa to charge their payment card for all Subscription Fees payable for the Subscription Term and each Renewal Year. Where payment is being made by bank transfer, Informa will issue an invoice at the beginning of each billing period. All amounts invoiced are due and payable by the date marked on the invoice. Members further authorise Informa to use a third party to process payments.
- Informa is not obliged to refund payments of Subscription Fees made by Members to Informa under any circumstances and Subscription Fees are based on Membership Packages purchased and not actual usage.
- Either party may terminate the Contract without cause at the end of the Subscription Term or the end of any Renewal Year by serving to the other party a written notice at least 30 days before the expiration of the Subscription Term or respective Renewal Year.
- Without affecting any other right or remedy available to it, Informa may terminate the Contract with immediate effect by giving written notice to a Member if:
- the Member is in breach of these Terms and (if such a breach is remediable) fails to remedy that breach within 10 days of being notified in writing to do so;
- the Member is not or no longer eligible to be a Member;
- in Informa's absolute discretion the Member's continued membership is likely to bring Informa and/or any Black Hat Chapter into disrepute; or
- the Member fails to comply with any of the obligations set out in the Member's Code of Conduct.
- Intellectual Property
- All title, rights, and interest in and to any copyright, database rights, trademarks, design rights, and any other intellectual property rights in connection with the Membership Package are and shall remain the property of Informa. Except where expressly permitted by these Terms, Members shall not copy, transmit, modify, republish, save, pass off or link to any content or material on the Platform and/or other materials that are provided to Members by way of the Membership Package.
- Data Protection
- Informa accepts no liability for any loss or damage whatsoever that Members may suffer in connection with or arising from any element of the Membership Package whether direct, indirect or consequential (including but not limited to loss of profit, loss of business or any other type of economic loss) or otherwise. If Informa is liable to a Member for any reason, Informa's total liability in relation to the Membership Package (whether under these Terms or otherwise) is limited to the amount of the Subscription Fees paid by a Member to Informa during the 12 months immediately preceding the date on which the claim arose.
- Members expressly assume all risks associated with, resulting from, or arising in connection with the Membership Packages including but not limited to a Member's participation in and/or presence at any Black Hat Chapter event, meeting, training, focus group, etc.
- Except as set out in these Terms, to the fullest extent permitted by law, Informa excludes all terms, conditions, warranties, representations, and undertakings relating to the Membership Package that are not expressly stated herein.
- Force Majeure
- Informa shall not be in breach of any obligations in respect of the Membership Package nor liable for any delay in performing, or failure to perform, any of its obligations if such delay or failure results from events, circumstances, or causes beyond its reasonable control.
- Informa reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions from time to time and Members will be subject to these terms and conditions as updated.