CYBERSEED START-UP COMPETITION
CyberSeed is evolving for its 2nd edition, making it a truly unique and ground-breaking startup pitch competition. More awards, more prizes, and more cybersecurity champions await.
From an application pool of hundreds, only 20 startups will be selected by a judging panel of high-powered investors and industry experts to compete in the CyberSeed Semi-Finals at Black Hat MEA. The event will take place at the Riyadh Exhibition & Convention Centre, Malham in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia from 14-16 November.
If you think you’ve got what it takes, apply here:
- Innovative Ideator: For startups that are pre-revenue but have potentially fantastic ideas and are ready to make their first jump into the market.
- Shining Seedling: For early-stage, revenue-generating startups that are under 5 staff, under 5 years old, and under $5m valuation.
- Established Excellence: For experienced startups that are larger than the 'Shining Seedling' category.
- Saudi Superstar: To enhance the profile of cybersecurity talent within the Kingdom.
For CyberSeed Mark II, we will be welcoming 20 Semi-Final judges and 5 Grand Finale judges. These are major cybersecurity investors and industry experts from around the world.
Stay tuned to find out who our judges will be.
- Just five startups from each award category will qualify for the Semi-Finals, taking place on 14-15 November, where they will deliver a 3-minute pitch followed by a grilling Q&A from a world-class 4-member judging panel.
- The top 2 startups from each award category will qualify for the Grand Finale on 16 November. They will face off against one another live on the Executive Summit stage for a chance to win their chosen award.
- New for 2023, each of the 20 semi-finalists will be assigned a cybersecurity expert mentor to support and build up contestants before the event, increasing their chances of victory. Mentors will provide advice sessions, webinars, and an in-person masterclass for their assigned startups.
- Finally, in the spirit of embracing equal opportunities in cybersecurity, an additional award will be given to the highest scoring woman-led startup in the Grand Finale (or Semi-Finals, if none qualify for the Grand Finale).
To begin your CyberSeed journey, apply here: https://bhmea2023.awardsplatform.com/
- 1 May: Entries open.
- 1 September: Entries close.
- 15 September: Semi-Finalists Announced.
- Late September: Mentor Meet & Greet with Startups.
- October: Mentor Advice Webinars & Interviews.
- 14 November: Mentorship Masterclass session live at Black Hat MEA.
- 14-15 November: Semi-Finals take place live on the Deep Dive Stage.
- 16 November: The Grand Finale takes place live on the Executive Summit Stage.
We will be welcoming 5 amazing mentors onto CyberSeed Mark II to guide our Semi-Finalists to success. Each mentor will look after 4 startups, one per award category, and the mentor with the most CyberSeed award-winning contestants will receive a special trophy.
Stay tuned to find out who our mentors will be.
Our CyberSeed 2022 winner:
We are delighted to receive this valuable award at Black Hat, the number one cybersecurity conference in the world. Receiving a $25,000 prize brings us a step closer to our dream and mission at CyberTalents to connect top talents to global opportunities. We would like to thank the jury for choosing us and thank all our investors, customers, and partners for their trust and support.
Moataz Salah, Founder & CEO
2022 CYBERSEED WINNERS
Gain valuable insights from our 2022 winners as they share their first hand experience of the start-up competition.